You can run....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But you can't hide from your past

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Research, anyone?

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:22 am

Vanessa sighed as she looked over at Dean. There were at least thirty books in the pile that they hadn't read and at least fifty in the ones that they had. "Did you finish looking through that book yet?"
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:27 am

He read over the same page for the third time and tried to wrap his head around the words. After taking a deep breath, he looked up at the girl with a tired smile. "You know me, Nessa," he joked. "If it doesn't have pictures, I just can't seem to get it." He sat back in the chair and tried not to wince as his back popped.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:32 am

Vanessa sighed and looked at him sympathetically. "My brain feels like it's turning to mush. How about we go grab something to eat?"
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 11:44 am

"Now that," he said, pointing at her with a grin, "is an idea I can get behind. The little library gnomes aren't going to come and drag these off if we duck out for a few minutes, will they?" He looked at the stacks upon stacks of books left to read and tried not to shudder. There's no way that they'd get through them before daylight, especially with his reading speed. "I might even be able to convince Sammy to come and help," he added hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:12 pm

Vanessa laughed as she stood up and shook her head. "No, Jack's not going to haul our books away if we go out to grab a bite to eat. And I think Sam said that he'll be by a bit later. He was working on translating some of the books that were in other languages."
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:20 pm

"So he's an obedient little book gremlin," Dean pointed out with a laugh. "And," he said, drawing himself to his full height with a wide, mischievous grin, "I feel it's my job as a big brother to pester him when he's doing important things, so I'll text him once we get there. Get him to come and eat. I think I saw salads and other rabbit food on their menu."
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:22 pm

"And how do you know where we're going?" Vanessa asked with a grin as she hoisted her backpack over her shoulder. "Maybe I want to go to McDonald's."
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 5:24 pm

"Can't get good pie at the golden arches," he said with a waggle of his eyebrows. "And you know as well as I do that diner pie is a gift from the baby Jesus."
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:03 pm

Vanessa stuck her tongue out at Dean. "You know I hate diner food. Why must you be so cruel to your practically baby sister?"
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:12 pm

"Like I said, it's a big brother thing," he laughed, slinging an arm around her shoulder. "Come on," he said with a long-suffering tone that was betrayed by his wide smile. "Let's hope in the Impala and I'll take you anywhere short of the moon."
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:20 pm

Vanessa thought about it for a second and nodded. "Alright. I think that I can live with that. Are we having Sam join us this fine evening?"
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:35 pm

"If we can pry him away from his translations, I guess." Dean shrugged. "As much as he wants to deny that he's anything like the man, he's just as stubborn as Dad ever was."
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:55 pm

Vanessa shrugged. "Well, sometimes it's easier to deny the things we don't want to admit. For instance, sometimes, I deny the fact that I know you." She grinned at him.
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:58 pm

"And here I thought I was a useful guy to know! Who was it again that taught you how to shoot?"
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:59 pm

Vanessa sighed as she nodded. "Alright, alright, I only deny that I know you about twenty five percent of the time. The rest of the time is spent basking in your sheer awesomeness."
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:04 pm

"I'll take that," he laughed. "I was always a C student anyway. So where are we headed? The clown, the king, or the colonel... Or somewhere that actually has edible food?"
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:08 pm

"How do you feel about authentic New York pizza?" Vanessa asked with a grin. "I know of this hole in the wall pizza place that serves the best pizza in all of Brooklyn."
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:15 pm

"Pizza's good," he said as his stomach grumbled. "I'll go grab the car. You get in touch with the Moose. Then, we ride!" He threw a finger up in the air dramatically before laughing. "Give me a few minutes. I'll be back."
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:17 pm

Vanessa shook her head as she laughed and pulled out her cell phone to send Sam a text. Hopefully, things were going well and he was in a good mood.
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:20 pm

He pulled up in the Impala a few moments later, a Led Zeppelin song barely audible over the rumble of the engine. Leaning across the bench seat, he pushed the passenger side door open. "Any word from Sasquatch?"
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:22 pm

Vanessa looked up from her phone as she sighed and got in the car. "He's still working on translating."
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:24 pm

"And let me guess," he said with a roll of his eyes, "he's not hungry but he'll probably grab something whenever he's done." Did he know his brother or did he know his brother? "Oh well. His loss."
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:28 pm

"Indeed it is." Vanessa said. "So, what do you two do when I'm at school? Other than research the Hell out of my creepy school."
Back to top Go down
Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:36 pm

"You think you're the only game in town? There are other things in New York that go bump in the night," he said with a wry grin. "And the day too. But mostly," he admitted, "we've been doing the tourist thing when we have a moment of downtime." It was rare that they actually got to stop and look around; it was just find a job, get there, get it done, and head on to the next.
Back to top Go down
Vanessa Abrams

Vanessa Abrams

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 7:40 pm

Vanessa nodded. "I get the sneaking suspicion that everything that goes bump in the night in this town are all connected, if it helps."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Research, anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Research, anyone?   Research, anyone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Research, anyone?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You can run.... :: Saving people, hunting things. The family business.-
Jump to: