But you can't hide from your past

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Never marry or even dally with a Scandinavian; they're all insane.

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mischa Petrova

PostSubject: Re: Never marry or even dally with a Scandinavian; they're all insane.   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:14 pm

Mischa blushed slightly and nodded. "Yeah. I guess so. I just wish that people would stop trying to put their opinions in theatre. Theatre is all about watching something and taking away from it what you interpreted. I saw a version of Lysistrata that was so chock full of political bullcrap it lost the epicness of the message that Aristophanes was trying to get across. It pissed me off. Let the plays speak for themselves. Trust me, their messages are powerful enough without you tainting them with your opinions that no one cares about. There's a reason that plays that are truly great withstand the test of time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dean Lennox

PostSubject: Re: Never marry or even dally with a Scandinavian; they're all insane.   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:29 pm

"Sex and violence," he suggests with a laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mischa Petrova

PostSubject: Re: Never marry or even dally with a Scandinavian; they're all insane.   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:32 pm

Mischa shook her head. "I think it's more than that. Good plays speak to people. Everyone loves a good story. If a story's told right, people will remember it. There's a reason why plays like Macbeth and Oedipus have stuck around. They tell a story that people remember."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dean Lennox

PostSubject: Re: Never marry or even dally with a Scandinavian; they're all insane.   Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:45 pm

"You're preaching to the choir, Padawan," he says, shaking his head. "And even if the story's told wrong, as long as someone's telling it, it matters. But you just have to let people be people, Mischa. No matter how loudmouthed or stupid or wrong they are."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never marry or even dally with a Scandinavian; they're all insane.   

Back to top Go down

Never marry or even dally with a Scandinavian; they're all insane.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2