You can run....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But you can't hide from your past

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. Empty
PostSubject: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:36 pm

It's a no-name little bar and not even one of the better ones on the Upper East Side but as long as the drinks were good, she didn't care. Chelsea slides up to the bar and orders a whiskey, turning around to eye the patrons of the bar; if there wasn't a single interesting soul in here, the her visit to the bar--and desire to have a bit of fun to unwind--would be short lived.
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:41 pm

He hadn't been there for longer than an hour, though the lack of company made it seem much longer. The smoke filled room was bland and did nothing to stimulate his mind or catch his interest. He had ordered a drink and stayed towards the back, occupying a booth with a deck of cards in hand. There wasn't much else to do other than shuffle, re-cut and break in the deck he was making it his own. Occasionally he glanced up to motion over the kid working the floor, asking for a refill. It was going to be another long night.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:56 pm

She spots him, sitting in the booth alone, and when she sees him gesture for another drink, she heads the kid off at the pass and takes the drink from him. It takes a moment for her to cut through the crowd at the bar and get to his table but when she does, Chelsea sets his drink down and gives him a sly smile. "Up for a game or do you only play solitaire?"
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:02 pm

Glancing up it took him a while to register someone was actually speaking to him. Reaching forward he took a long drink watching her before setting it down, the glass only half full when it hit the table. "Solataire is a lonely game, never played it. What d'ya play?" Flipping the deck expertly he studied her face. The smile she had in place gave him a bit of hope that the evening may turn out more interesting than he had expected.

Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:17 pm

She slides into the booth across from him easily. He didn't tell her to get lost or accuse her of poisoning his drink, which put him miles ahead of the last few mooks she'd tried this on, oh so many towns ago. "I'm up for almost anything," she laughs, bringing her glass up to her lips. "And what I don't know, I'm more than willing to learn." She watches him toy with the cards and it makes her grin. "Looks like you're pretty good with your hands there, sugar."
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Glancing down one of his hands, he flexed the fingers as if testing it, "You could say that." Fipping the deck over he started to deal the cards, ten each. "Ever played Gin Rummy? It's not too hard and works well for two." Smiling he looked up at her raising an eyebrow, "So, what's your name, miss?" He continued to deal, the proper term coming out as though it was a regular form of speech, out of place in the grungy bar with chipped tables and dim lighting.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:36 pm

"My grandmother loved the game," she says, scooping up the cards greedily and starting to sort them. Peeking out at him over the edge of her hand, she snickers and gives him a wink. "You win, I'll tell you. How about that?"
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Lips twisting up at the corner he reached for his drink finishing it of before he began sorting through his hand, eyes watching her as she fingered through the cards. "All right then. What would you like if you win? My name? Or did you ask the kid when took my drink from him?"
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 4:55 pm

"Like the kid would know your name," Chelsea snorts. "He's a bar monkey. All they remember is who orders what. But I think I'll take something a little more substantial when I win. It's more fun that way, don't you think?" She runs a finger around the rim of her glass before picking it up and finishing off the last bit of her whiskey; the bite of it makes her shiver. "A kiss."
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Sitting there he tilted his head a bit, eyes widening a bit. "Well....now that's hardly fair. Seems as though my winnings were determines by you and fall a bit short in comparison. Shouldn't the incentive be to win rather than lose?" He motioned the kid over asking for another round of drinks before turning back to his hand.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:12 pm

"Depends on the strength of your sense of competition when pitted against your libido," she replies innocently.
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 5:27 pm

Looking over her slowly he leaned back into the seat, a slow smile settling into place. "On second thought? I'd prefer to know your name."
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:04 pm

"There's a lad," she says with a waggle of her eyebrows before drawing a card from the stock pile. She fit the card amongst her hand, discarding one that she didn't need with a slow grin. "Your turn," she says simply.
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Nodding he went about selecting a card and setting down two runs before rearranging his cards cooly. "So, are you you attending a college nearby? Or are you simply employed in the city?"
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:23 pm

She lets out a low whistle as she looks over his play. "College is for people who care and as a modern day gypsy, I'm never truly in one place long enough to get a proper job," she admits neutrally, drawing another card and tucking it where she needs it. She takes a moment to look over her hand once more before laying a card down. "Though I do have one at the moment, as shocking as it is. You?"
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Sorts through his cards selecting a new one, rearranging and discarding another. "Well, I dropped out of the academy my parents set me up in to explore other talents I had developed that were a bit...dishonest?" Rolling his shoulders he rubbed the left side trying to dispel a remembered pain. "Do you still have family around?"
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:45 pm

"Just one second, sugar." She draws up the card that he'd laid down and lays down a set and two runs, She drops the last card down on the table lazily, a smile stretching across her face. "Tada," she says, settling back in the booth and giving him an exaggerated shrug.
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Nods, looking over her cards, "Good job." Looking back up he gave a slightly disappointed smile, "I'm.guessing asking if you were up for another round to keep me company wouldn't yield a yes, would it?"
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 6:54 pm

She leans on her elbows on the table and gives him a devilish smile. "Ah ah ah," she chides. "You owe me something, don't you?"
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Shrugging he sets down his cards before standing walking over to her side of the booth, "I suppose I do." Leans in, one hand on the table the other curling around the back of her neck, tilting her head back leaning in brushing his lips over her cheek. "You're lucky I started honoring my word. ". Lips trail down to mesh with hers for a long and deep kiss pulling away a few moments later. "So, you up for another round?"
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 7:20 pm

She savors the kiss, her teeth tugging on his bottom lip as he pulls away. When he's finishes, she relaxes back against the fake leather of the booth, looking just like the cat who got the cream. "I'm ready for round two whenever you are,"she says, low and soft and content. "Shall I deal?"
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:54 am

Smiling he ran his teeth over his bottom lip before.settimg in again against his side of the booth. He scooped up all the cards, straightening them before handing them over to her. "All right then. What.are you playing for this time?"
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 2:58 pm

She picks up the cards and starts to shuffle them. "Same bet on my part," she says breezily, laughing. "Are you going to up your prize, should you win?"
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Smiling he leaned back against the worn out cushioned back of the booth bench. "Well, I think I may have figured out your name, so yes, I am going to up it. Dinner with me the next night your free at a restaurant of my choosing should I win."
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:18 pm

"You figured out my name," she snickers as she starts to deal. "Well, how, pray tell, did you do that? And what do you think it is, so I can tell you just how wrong you are."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. Empty

Back to top Go down

You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next