You can run....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But you can't hide from your past

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Finding Home

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Riley Darking

Riley Darking

Finding Home  Empty
PostSubject: Finding Home    Finding Home  EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 5:38 pm

The brunette allowed herself a deep frown as she entered the theatre. It was vast and beautiful. Still, it didn't bring a smile to her face. Her welcoming committee-Mischa and Haley- had convinced her to decide to come to the drama club. Mischa acted almost as if it was anything special. Riley, who was knew to the school, didn't think a thing of it.

After all, she belonged to a drama club at her old school. No, she couldn't tell you much about any type of musical, or any history on plays. What Riley could do was act, and sing. Though, she simply refused to sing in front of anyone else but herself.

Riley paced through the sections of seats, allowing her fingertips to glide over the back of every seat in her way. She felt at home, finally. Her father up and moved once she got a letter that Riley had been accepted to some private school. It bothered her, being somewhere completely different. Public school never affected her too badly, sure she'd get in a spot of trouble here and there. That was it. Riley wasn't a bad kid.

Once she made it to the stage, Riley climbed up on it, and sat at the edge, looking around. Where was that Mr.Lennox guy? Haley, and Mischa seemed to accept her with open arms, but Riley had a feeling there was more to joining than just talking to a bunch of girls and having them accept you.

|| sorry it's so long! XD I always do this when I first write for a character, it helps me get more into her head. [:

Back to top Go down
Dean Lennox

Dean Lennox

Finding Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Home    Finding Home  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 6:10 pm

Heading from backstage to the front of the theater to get ready for Drama Club, he looked over his notes for the staging for their production of Age of Innocence. He sighed when he realized that the stage was going to be nearly bare enough to make the performance Minimalist. And that really wasn't what they were going for...

He stepped out onto the stage and looked up to see a girl, a student, sitting on the edge. "Hello," he said with a friendly tone as he slipped his papers beneath one arm. "Can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Riley Darking

Riley Darking

Finding Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Home    Finding Home  EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 7:01 pm

Riley stared out, kicking her feet softly. It seemed like ages until she heard a voice, the girl glanced behind her, only to see who she guessed was Mr.Lennox. She shrugged lightly, he sure didn't seem like much of a teacher, that's for sure. She always had to remind herself, looks can be deceiving.

"If, you're Mr.Lennox, you sure can." Riley told him as she stood up and walked up too him, on the stage. "I'm Riley, and new. My welcoming party insisted that I join the drama club." Riley explained with a light shrug. "Though, I didn't know if there was anything I had to do to be in, they acted as if I could just be in by the snap of their fingers." Riley said, snapping her own fingers for emphasis.
Back to top Go down
Dean Lennox

Dean Lennox

Finding Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Home    Finding Home  EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 6:00 pm

"Well, they keep telling me that's my name..." With a small grin, he reached out his hand. "Nice to meet you, Riley." He frowned a bit when she mentioned a welcoming party but then he thought about Mischa and Haley and he laughed. They would try to push more members into the club. "We're not going to make you jump through hoops but, unfortunately, we do require a bit of a test. An audition."
Back to top Go down
Riley Darking

Riley Darking

Finding Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Home    Finding Home  EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 7:10 pm

Riley stared at his hand, and left it there. She didn't like to touch other people, or having people touch her. She never had. She bit at her lip, but shrugged it off. Not shaking someone's hand wasn't going to ruin you. "Nice to meet you as well, Mr. Lennox." She said in return.

Well, that ruined planned A! Jumping through hoops was something Riley was good at! Nahh. She nodded. "I expected that. Before you say anything, I rarely watch musicals or plays. Or even TV. So, don't expect me to know any famous play or anything. Because I probably haven't seen it." Best be honest before he allows you in. Lying could only hurt you. "And I don't sing." In front of anyone, that is.

So, an audition. Wonderful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Finding Home  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Finding Home    Finding Home  Empty

Back to top Go down

Finding Home
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You can run.... :: “By learning you will teach, by teaching you will learn.”-
Jump to: