You can run....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But you can't hide from your past

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

And just like that....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

And just like that.... Empty
PostSubject: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:25 am

Haley entered the library with a smile. She looked around for Jack and spotted him at the circulation desk. Her grin widened as she waltzed over and hopped up to sit on the desk with her legs crossed. "So, I may have a lead as to what those books are."
Back to top Go down
https://youcanrun.forumotion.com
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:45 am

He jumped a little when she hopped onto the desk but when he saw who it was, he gave her a smile. "Hey there, Haley." He set down the book he'd been reading and propped his glasses on the top of his head. He wouldn't mention that he'd already told her about one of the books they'd found. "Yeah? What kind of lead? And are you feeling any better?"
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:46 am

Haley nodded. "Yeah. I feel a little better. My source tells me that those books are pretty nasty. He said that they have all sorts of rituals in them and those rituals are pretty gruesome."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:55 am

"Cam or someone else," he asked, wondering if she'd passed the books elsewhere because Cam was having issues with old languages. "And rituals? Like occult rituals?"
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 8:56 am

"Cam." Haley said with a nod. "He told me that from what he could translate, there's some pretty nasty rituals. I'm guessing things like virgin sacrifices and things like that."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:01 am

"Well, that goes with what the rumors say about the place." He leaned forward, resting his elbows on the desk. "Do you think they used the room for the rituals or just for storage? I mean, the room might be big enough for some of the lesser rituals that I know," he mused, "but there were a lot of books back there."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:03 am

Haley looked at him gravely. "That's not where they do the rituals. Haven't you ever noticed the pentagram on the floor of the chapel? Underneath there's a room with an alter. I'm guessing that that's where they do the rituals. The question is, who do they get for the sacrifices? It can't be people from the school. We would have heard about them going missing."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:11 am

He frowned. "Well, I know that in darker circles, for small sacrifices, they use strays and runaway dogs. Maybe it's the same for... bigger sacrifices?" He couldn't bring himself to think about using people as sacrifices. Sure, he's done a blood rite in his time but it was always from a cut to his own hand; he didn't want to know what kind of person would take another life for magic. "Using runaways?"
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:26 am

Haley shuddered at the thought. "Why would someone do that? And, how would they know that the person is a virgin?" Haley shook her head. "Let's not think about that. What I want to know is why our school is in possession of books like that."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 9:48 am

"Well, they told us during the orientation that they were donated," he said simply. "Unimportant but valuable and that's why they were locked up. I mean, it makes sense that some old loony with an interest in weird books would collect them, not even knowing what they were, right? Whoever donated them doesn't even have to be a practitioner, theoretically."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:06 am

"I guess not." Haley said slowly. "But why would you donate them to a school? Whoever had them obviously knew that they could be dangerous. If you're going to get rid of them, why give them to a school? Why not just burn them. Whoever had them before had to have known what they were. The question remains, why does the school have them?"
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:23 am

"And what are we going to do with the ones we've got," he pointed out. "I don't really think we should put them back... I mean, what if someone was going to use them? Cam already told me he can store them if it's what we wanted to do. He's apparently holding on to a lot of different things for safe-keeping."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:29 am

Haley nodded. "I think that's probably best. We don't want those books falling into the wrong hands. Maybe we should destroy them?"
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:41 am

Jack nodded. "I asked if he could burn them or something but he gave some cryptic little remark and said he'd try. He didn't sound sure about if he could do it." He'd actually said that evil was hard to truly destroy. Jack shivered slightly just thinking about it. "I'll ask him to give it a shot."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:45 am

Haley nodded slowly as she thought. "What if we started to confiscate all the books?" She asked. "Slowly of course, just a few at a time. That way, they don't fall into the wrong hands. Maybe we can even find out who the donor was."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:49 am

"Yeah," he said with a nod. "Just one or two at a time, right? I could try to bind what we find after Cam's had a chance to look through them."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Haley nodded. "That's exactly what I was thinking. I want to know what we're up against. There's no good reason a school would have books like that. I think that there's more to this story."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And just like that....   And just like that.... Empty

Back to top Go down

And just like that....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You can run.... :: Six String Therapy-
Jump to: