You can run....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But you can't hide from your past

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Lets out a laugh leaning in to take his cards, fingering through them tilting his head watching her face. "I tend to have a lot of luck with guessing things. You go by Chelsea, right?" Leans back in his seat finishing going through his cards before picking one up and then discarding. "As for how I did it, I don't share my tricks for nothing. You changed the subject about your family earlier. Not a positive topic or just too focused on winning that kiss?" Gives her a smile.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:30 pm

"Oh doll, when I play, I play to win," she gives him a pointed look and a sharper smile as she draws a card from the stock pile . "But I won't tell you if you're right or if you're wrong. But dinner? I think those are pretty high stakes."
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 3:39 pm

He laughed a bit, "I have a good feeling about this game, besides, I don't know anyone in town and it's nice to have intelligent conversation with someone rather than just hear about the latest True Blood episodes, or have drunken hands wandering before you can get a word in." Making a face, he shook his head. "You mentioned you had a job in town? Odd for a modern day gypsy. What are you doing?" Lays out a run and a set of 4, glancing up at her.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:08 pm

She draws a card and eyes her handful of nothing. Seems like this will be his game after all, short of a miracle. "I have no idea what a True Blood episode is like and trust me, when I get handsy, I like to do it when I'm sober enough to enjoy the experience." She tosses a card on the pile. "And what else would a modern day gypsy do? I'm a performer." Chelsea throws up a hand in a dramatic pose before laughing and waving at the bartender to order another drink.
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Leaning back, his face closed off a bit, lips pressed together, he didn't like the wave of disappointment that traveled through him. Most performers seemed, to him, to be so shallow and souless, giving up their individualism for the masses. She had seemed different, had he been so off in his first impressions? "A performer? Please don't tell me you are into that bubblegum auto-tune the hell out of it shit." He knew it was a long shot but he did have a small glimmer of hope that she might surprise him.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:28 pm

"If I was, I'd have shot myself a long time ago," she says unabashedly, eyes still on her hand, trying to make something of nothing. "That shit is more than irritating and just as useless." If he disagreed, then oh well; at least she'd gotten a smoking kiss out of the whole deal.
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:36 pm

Daring to hope, Abram smiled reaching for another card. "So glad to hear that you and I can agree on the musical aspect. So if you aren't into what's popular, what are you into? My personal favorites lean towards Jazz, especially Dixieland. I tend to gravitate towards anything related to the swing genre."

Last edited by Abram Lennox on Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 4:54 pm

She gives him a wide smile. "Well, I don't sing much that requires a twang but I do have a certain affinity for most things from jazz to opera." She knows an aria or two but the last time she'd tried one, she'd ended up shattering a window. "Do you sing?"
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:05 pm

"Opera? Well, while I can appreciate the skill and dedication-I am definately not even near that level. I can hum a few tunes to get the melody in my head, but stick to my place on the piano bench, not behind the microphone. Or on the dance floor if there is one, but it's rare to find a partner that knows more than basic maneuvers for a good swing dance." Laying out the rest of his cards in a set and a discard he tilted his head smiling at her. "It seems lady luck was with me this game."
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:09 pm

"Damn," she hisses though she's hiding a grin. "That she was. Round three? Or do you want to quit while we're tied?"
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Smiling he scooped up the cards, beginning to shuffle through them cutting the deck occasionally. "Depends on if you’re willing to possibly risk me winning something else from you. I already have a dinner." Glancing over at the clock he offered a shrug. "I have nowhere to be and the night is still relatively young."
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:27 pm

"See, now it's a matter of pride," she laughs. "And short of losing my pretty pink panties, I think I can handle any bet you try to throw at me," she says with a cocky grin. She knows at this point that he probably let her win the first game. She knows at this point that she'll probably continue to lose throughout the night. She knows at this point that she won't really mind. "Deal, sucker. Let's play."
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Dealing out the cards he let out a small laugh. "So its all fair game with the exception of the panties? All right. If I win, you tell me your last name, truly. I have a hunch...just a small one, that you use a fake last name, waht with you being a performer and all its only natural. Perhaps it's something like-" he waved a hand through the air nonchalantly, "-Dagger? Curious as to what the real one would be." Pausing for a moment he glanced up, face serious. "If that is something that is not on the table, I won't be bothered. Just stick it on the "don't take the panties" shelf." He offered a smile.
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 5:57 pm

She leaves the cards where they are on the table. "You know what, doll," she says, slipping out of the booth, "I've got to head out before I turn into a pumpkin." His guesses, if they are guesses, are getting a touch too close to home; she doesn't know this guy from Adam but he sure seems to know a hell of a lot more about her than she's comfortable with. "You have a good night."
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Realizing that he had gone too far he stood, face worried. "Wait, please? I'm sorry, its just a stupid cheap parlor trick I learned a while back to figure out someone's name. I didn't mean to unnerve you." His face had fallen and he new the chances of her being willing to stick around were slim, but it had been so damn long since be'd had decent company that could hear and respond to him...he was willing to take a chance. "Just.stick around, five minutes, I'll tell ya how I did it, then leave if you want and I won't bother you for the dinner."
Back to top Go down
Chelsea Dagger

Chelsea Dagger

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:35 pm

She stares him down for a moment through narrowed eyes before her hand snakes out to grab at his shirt. She tugs him into a deep kiss before shoving him back towards the booth. "I'll see you at dinner, doll. Two days from now, seven o'clock. I'll meet you out front of here." Licking her lips, she eyes him over one more time before heading for the door.
Back to top Go down
Abram Lennox

Abram Lennox

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 6:56 pm

Staring at her, in shock he felt a bit dumbfounded, it actually worked. A slow smile spread across his face as he tilted his head a bit. "All right..I'll see you in two days. Good night, Chelsea."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.   You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

You're good, you're bad, I wish I knew.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2