You can run....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

But you can't hide from your past

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year Empty
PostSubject: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:36 pm

He wobbled on the skates like a baby deer, holding onto the railing for dear life. "I would like to remind you that I do not ice skate." This was... ridiculous. He hated the cold and the ice and the snow and he couldn't skate. And the people whizzing past were liable to run him over and not look back.
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:38 pm

Haley laughed slightly as she turned around and skated backwards. "It's not that hard. You just need to find your footing. Here, take my hand." She held out her hand for him.
Back to top Go down
https://youcanrun.forumotion.com
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:45 pm

"It's not that hard, my foot," he grumbled but reached out to grab at her hand anyway. It was a good thing he missed because he went down flailing, landing hard on his backside on the ice. "God... Frickin-a..."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:46 pm

Haley tried hard not to laugh as she held out her hand and with her other one, held onto the railing. "Here. Let me help you up."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:51 pm

He reached up for her hand and the railing and pulled himself up, wincing at the ache in his back. "Thanks."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Haley took his other hand. "Hold onto the railing and hold onto my hand."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:01 pm

One hand holding tight to the railing, he takes her other hand, still wobbling about on the skates. "What now?"
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:05 pm

"We're going to go nice and slow." She said as she skated slowly.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:09 pm

"Is this where I point out where I wasn't even moving before and managed to bite ice," he asks with a raised eyebrow and a bit of a smile.
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:12 pm

"And this is the part where I tell you with a little determination and a cute instructor, you can do anything." She grinned at him.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:16 pm

"Oh," he says, eyebrows raising and a wide grin breaking out on his face. "Is that all I needed all this time? Good to know."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:21 pm

She laughed and rolled her eyes. "Let's go Scott Hamilton. I'm going to teach you to ice skate if it kills me."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:23 pm

"Who," he laughed before attempting to follow her slowly.
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:27 pm

"See?" Haley smiled. "You're doing great. He's a male figure skater." She skated slowly and took a deep breath and smiled. "I love this time of year."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:35 pm

"Ah," is all he can say as he stares at his feet and marvels at how he's not falling to certain death or getting run over. "And it does seem to be the one time of year where everyone lightens up just a little..."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:39 pm

Haley nodded and sighed. "Everyone except for my Grandmother. She's kind of mad at me for trying out for cheerleading. She has this whole thing about it's inappropriate for young girls. I seriously think that a time machine brought her back from the stone age."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 pm

"If she's anything like mine, it came from way before that," he snorts. "I'm pretty sure my grandmother stood peering over God's shoulder and nagged him about the platypus." He shook his head. "Don't focus on making other people happy. Do what you want and let the rest of them deal with it." Yeah, because it's working so well for him...
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Haley sighed and took a deep breath. "I've been trying to please everyone else for so long I don't really even know what I want." She looked over at him. "I wish I could be more like you. I mean, you don't care what anyone thinks about you. I really admire that."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:47 pm

"Trust me, you really don't." He shakes his head, laughing as he looks at his skates. "People don't like me, Haley. And they keep trying to fix me and tell me it's for my own good."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 8:49 pm

She looked at him for a long while and shook her head. " I like you just the way you are. Screw what everyone says. I don't think you need to change."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:07 pm

"Thanks, Haley," he says. "And I don't think you need to really change either. Except for the whole 'do what you want' thing," he adds with a wry smile. "And it's really not hard. Just find what makes you happy and go for it. And don't listen if someone tries to tell you otherwise. Unless it's like drugs or something." He makes a face. "Drugs are bad, mmmkay."
Back to top Go down
Haley Archibald
Admin
Haley Archibald

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:42 pm

She smiled and laughed slightly. "Yeah, I kind of got that memo. Nate showed me that. And as for finding what I like, I'm working on it." She grinned at him.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Torry

Jackson Torry

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year EmptyMon Dec 05, 2011 9:50 pm

"Good," he says with a nod. "Good. If it's somewhere in the library, I might be able to help," he suggests with a wry grin.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year   The Most Wonderful Time of the Year Empty

Back to top Go down

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You can run.... :: The Darkroom-
Jump to: